Showing all 5 results
CoSHH Pesticide Cabinets
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health pesticide cabinets
The use of Pesticide cabinets for the storage of pesticides and agrochemicals is a requirement of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, COSHH regulations. Its is also indicated in the guidance given by the Health and Safety executive on storing pesticides.
Although many large scale users of pesticides and agrochemicals will have purpose built rooms or buildings designed specifically for this purpose there are many applications where pesticide cabinets are necessary.
Smaller scale users of pesticides may find it more cost effective to use specialist pesticide storage cabinets. This is because these incorporate all the features required for safe storage in one place and make their different contents easily identifiable.
Other reasons for using a pesticide storage cabinet are that it is good practice to store differing types of pesticides in separate cabinets in order to prevent one chemical affecting the integrity of another.
When transporting pesticides and agrochemicals in a vehicle with a full height bulkhead a pesticide storage cabinet may be required. If transporting pesticides and agrochemicals in a vehicle without a full height bulkhead a pesticide storage cabinet should be secured on the outside of the vehicle or trailer.
Certain oxidizing agents give off large amounts of oxygen when heated, these should be stored separately and have adequate metal warning signs to enable the emergency services to identify them in the event of a fire.
All of the pesticide cabinets here at SafeAway feature the following:
- Manufactured using 1.2mm steel
- Press formed construction
- Fully welded leak proof sump in base
- Three point locking system
- Welded construction
- Polyester powder coated finish
- Adjustable and removable shelves
- Fixing holes in rear of cabinet (fixings not included).
- Regulation identification labels included.
- Reinforced door edges to prevent distortion
- Supplied with warning labels compliant with BS5378
- Tough and durable powder coated finish in red
- Louvre’s in the doors to aid ventilation
If you would like any further information on our range of pesticide cabinets, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Pesticide cabinets manufactured in Great Britain.